Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Japanese Magnolia


I am back in my painting mode. I have started working on paintings for the upcoming Art Shows and not my learning mode of painting portraits.


Here is my Japanese Magnolia. When looking at the photo I used a magnifying glass and it looked so three dimensional. It was like putting on those glasses to watch a 3-D movie. I tried to capture that in the painting and even though it looks 3-D it does not pop off the paper as much as I would like it too.


I have so many paintings to do and such little time to do them in. My mind is painting faster then the time I have left.


This weekend I have wonderful plans to go to Corolla, NC with three painting friends for three days. The Outer Banks of NC is a beautiful, breathtaking beach community with wonderful places to look at and paint and photo. We are also bringing some DVD's to watch indoors during our downtime or (knock wood) bad weather. It is going to be so much fun and I can hardly wait.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Your Magnolia is lovely Kathy, I know what you mean about painting! How wonderful to go off painting with friends. Wish I were there. Have a ball, Love,Diana

Meera Rao said...

I am envious of your painting trip! wish you happy painting --and come back with more paintings to add to this attractive magnolia :)

Kathy Staicer said...

Thank you both so much. You a very kind. And yes I plan on having a great weekend!