Tuesday, March 5, 2013

Seashells in the Sand

My husband is doing better which means I am doing better.  I hope he continues to heal and gets stronger every day. 

Here's another "seashell" painting.  I really used many media besides watercolor including gesso, watercolor pencils, pen and ink, acrylic ink and pastels.  I must say that I had a great deal of fun painting this painting.

Mixing media gives me more creative ways to capture different textures.  It allows me to think outside of the watercolor box to find new ways to capture a visual depiction of the subject.  It gives my imagination a workout!

2 comments:

Meera Rao said...

What a delightful mixed media paintning - reminds of the summer fun :) glad to know your husband is doing better!

Kathy Staicer said...

Thanks Meera. I'm so glad he is recovering too.