Sunday, September 6, 2009

Seawall Art Show

This was a picture I took from right outside my booth at the Seawall Art Show. I had the greatest view and was really surprised at all that goes on in the Elizabeth River on a daily basis. I not only saw beautiful sailboats but cabin cruisers, wave riders, ferries, cargo ships. tug boats, Navy ships and police boats.

The weather had been threatening rain and thunderstorms all weekend but we really lucked out and not a drop of rain. It was a very nice art show and I really enjoyed talking to the people I met as well as the other artists. The volunteers were wonderful. It was a great way to spend the weekend and I even got to sell some paintings and prints and note cards.

I want to thank everyone for hanging in there with my computer problems. My computer guy has been out of town but hopefully I'll get everything resolved quickly. Today I'm at my sister-in-laws, Carmen Staicer. She has a great blog that you might want to check out. http://momtothescreamingmasses.typepad.com/ Check it out.

1 comment:

Michele P. said...

very nice view! I'm sure it was very inspiring as well! I live about an hour from the Maine coast so enjoy visiting and taking lots of photos when I go, there are some lovely scenes...