Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Yellow Rose


Here's my latest painting. A Yellow Rose. It is painted on Masa paper. I really like the texture of the Masa paper for florals. It really puts them right in the garden. I also like the yellow going into the green. I guess I'm still in my green phase!

I have a yellow rose bush that has the most beautiful, large yellow roses. Sometimes they almost look gold. When all the other rose bushes are not producing roses any more I can always count on my yellow roses.

When painting this rose I wanted to make sure I kept the yellow color up front for the look of sunlight landing on the flower. The green shaded petals in the back make a connection with the background. It was so much fun playing with my colors like this!

5 comments:

Meera Rao said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Meera Rao said...

Beautiful rose!--It shows that you had fun playing with colors :)

Beth Fox said...

Wonderful rose. You certainly accomplished your goals with this - the sunlight, the transition to the background. Well done!

Kathy Staicer said...

Thank you Meera. It was alot of fun. I sometimes call it my green rose.

Kathy Staicer said...

Thanks Beth. I appreciate your comment about accomplishing my goals.