Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Seawall Art Show

The Seawall Art Show was wonderful. So many talented artists displaying their work on the two sunny days. I had the benefit of a beautiful breeze coming off the Elizabeth River while totally enjoying the view.

My Yellow Roses made their debut and I sold them to a gentleman wearing an island shirt with yellow flowers on it. I guess he was the most appropriate person to make the purchase. I was happy/sad to see them go but I'm sure he will give them a good home. Now I feel compelled to paint them again!

I have three weeks off now before I need to start teaching again and I do not have any shows until October. I have so many things on my to do list (art stuff and non art stuff.) I know I won't get them all accomplished but it would be nice to put a dent in them. But most of all I want to paint paint paint. My eleven year old granddaughter had asked me if I was addicted to painting and I had to confess to her that I guessed I was.

2 comments:

Diana said...

I'm happy you sold your yellow rose but I know you will miss it. Like you said do another similar one.. glad you had a good show. I have one almost every weekend in Sept. and I'm still exhausted from the last one. I too love to paint and guess we are addicted but what fun.. take care and rest up a little first, DIana

Kathy Staicer said...

Thanks for the support. Yes I have been very lazy this week. But I have so much to do!!!
Good luck with your shows in Sept.