Monday, November 1, 2010

Harvest Leaves


This is one of the paintings of leaves that I have been working on. I had done it previously in Colored pencils. It was one of those paintings that I framed and put in a show and it sold. So I did not get to spend too much time with it before it left me.
This time I did it in watercolors on Masa paper. I think the Masa paper gives the leaves a great texture. It was alot of fun to do.
I have been so busy lately. I'm on a full schedule of teaching and it's really going well. I really enjoy it when my students "get" something. It is a pleasure to watch the doors open for them and they find the way to make something happen. Being part of their learning is very satisfying and it is a wonderful experience for me too.

4 comments:

Diana said...

Its' beautiful Kathy, I can almost smell that crisp autumn leaf smell. Glad your classes are doing great. talk later, Diana

Meera Rao said...

I like the brown oranges of the leaves :) Its neat that you got to replace your sold color pencil one! You think you will get to keep it a few days before this sells?

Kathy Staicer said...

Thanks Diana. I'm just running a little late on the seasons this year. As usual I think I'm a little too busy.

Kathy Staicer said...

Thank you Meera. I like the colors too. They are a break from all of my usual greens!