Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Hanging On

I had mentioned a while ago that I was going to paint a "froggie" and here he is. (I really do not know how you tell the gender of a frog but I have just thought of him as male.) He was so much fun to paint. I have used the photo of the frog in black and white to teach values for a while. But this is my first time painting him in color.

Right now I'm trying to paint for some upcoming shows. He will be in the "One foot Square" show at The Artist's Gallery, 608 Norfolk Ave., Virginia Beach. The Opening is Friday February 4th from 6:30 to 9:30 and the show will hang until February 26th. The gallery's hours are 10:00 am to 5:00 pm Tuesday through Friday and 10:00 am to 4:00 pm on Saturdays. If you haven't been there it is a very nice gallery and they have wonderful shows. The phone number is 757 425-6671.

6 comments:

Meera Rao said...

beautiful colors and wonderful texture- especially on his underside :)

Diana said...

Hi Kathy, he is adorable, I love him. good luck at all the shows. Diana

Kathy Staicer said...

Meera, I have been gettting into alot of texture lately. Thanks for noticing!

Kathy Staicer said...

Thanks Diana. Your froggie was part of my inspiration!

martymom said...

Hi Kathy, I just saw your blog. I love tree frogs and this one is no exception. He is adorable. Good luck with your show. Martymom

Kathy Staicer said...

Thank you so much Martymom. I think thy are adorable!