Sunday, April 29, 2012

Daffodils

I recently went on our annual painting trip to Duck on the Outerbanks of North Carolina with some friends.  It was a wonderful retreat very relaxing and yet stimulating to the creative process.  We truly had a wonderful time. 

I have been painting so many portraits for a while now and it was great to take my mind off them and concentrate on my true love of flowers.  I have been wanting to paint daffodils this spring.  They were blooming everywhere but every time I went out to photo them it was too windy to get a good picture.  So I had to take the pictures I had and use my imagination and I was able to come up with this small little painting.  I can't tell you how much fun it was to paint.

2 comments:

Diana said...

It's beautiful Kathy, you will sell this at your next show!! It captures daffodils lovely spirit! love,Diana

Kathy Staicer said...

Thanks so much. I'm glad to see that your out there and painting and showing!