Sunday, April 22, 2012

The Queen

My latest portrait The Queen.  This is the second time that I have painted her.  I really feel that I have come a long way in my choice of colors for the skin tones.  Using transparent colors really allows you to see through the different colors in the skin.  When you look at someones skin you can almost see through it. 

I have recently taken a little break from painting portraits and I have been painting some less intense paintings.  I will show you some of them soon.  It has been alot of fun just painting for the fun of it!  But I need to start putting some energy into one or two large paintings for the upcoming shows.  I hope return soon. 

2 comments:

Meera Rao said...

Kathy, you are really mastering the difficult art of watercolor portrait painting! great job!

Kathy Staicer said...

Thank you so much Meera. Yes they are coming along but I'm hardly there yet!