Monday, June 18, 2012

Violet Iris



Add caption
 Here's another one of the paintings that I did on our long weekend in Duck, NC.
It was so much fun to paint.  (I say that alot but only to differentiate from the paintings that were not a lot of fun to paint.)  Right now I'm working on a portrait that is challenging me and roses in a garden that are quite challenging.  I'm also putting together some ideas for some still lives that I want to get done before the Seawall show.  None of these are as much fun as it was to paint this simple little iris!

4 comments:

Meera Rao said...

Looks like the Queen of flowers - well done!

Diana said...

So lovely! and I know just what you mean about some being fun and others not so much fun! :) love,Diana

Kathy Staicer said...

Thank you Meera. I hadn't thought of her as that!

Kathy Staicer said...

Thanks Diana. I guess it's just the way it goes!