Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Birch Trees on the River

I have been painting "miniatures" getting ready for the "No Bigger than a Minute" show at the Gallery at East Beach. The show is from January 15th to February 14th. There will be an Opening Reception January 15th but the time has not been set yet. I will let you know as soon as I know. The show is not really for miniatures, but small paintings no larger than 8 x 10 inches. It ought to be alot of fun. I know I'm enjoying painting my small paintings.

I have been working on mini landscapes. They are 5 x 7 inches. So far I have painted four of them; two which are going in the show. It is different painting small with small brushes. In a way it's easier as I experience having more control over what I am doing. But of coarse when using large brushes you can let the watercolor flow freely. Also I have been working on landscapes more recently and they are more expansive than flowers. When painting flowers I zero in on their form. I still try to capture the beauty and serenity of whatever subject I'm working on. I have two more paintings to complete then I need to start working on my next show.

No comments: