Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Textured Rocks

Here are my Textured Rocks. I really had alot of fun painting them. I used salt, rubbing alcohol, wet in wet, plastic wrap, tissues and masking fluid to create them. I have been fascinated with textures lately and have been exploring the tricks of the trade in more detail than before. It is amusing using watercolor tricks as they are always surprising how they turn out.

They are one of the six paintings I've done for the One Foot Square Art Show at The Artists Gallery at 608 Norfolk Ave., Virginia Beach, VA. The Opening is Friday, February 4th from 6:30 pm until 8:30 pm and runs until February 26th. (The gallery is open Tuesday to Friday from 10:00 am to 5:00 pm and Saturday from 10:00 am to 4:00 pm.) If you have a chance stop by and see it.


I'm sure that you have seen some of the new things on my blog. I have added a new and improved gallery and will be adding to it soon. I hope that you enjoy looking and reading about my art as I certainly enjoy sharing it with you.

1 comment:

Diana said...

yep, i can't see this one either. I'm going to get my son to look at the blog this weekend, maybe he can figure out why sometimes I see photos and sometimes I don't. I'd love to see your texture I'll bet it's very interesting, have a great weekend, Diana